Friday, March 13, 2009

Shout Out To All Working Mom's

This is for all you working moms, and single mothers. I now understand how hard it is! I am very stretched and feel as if I am living two separate lives..at work I am a professional, I am in a supervisor position, and am working towards becoming an official loan officer (to which I am very close). I feel knowledgeable, respected, and appreciated. I have people to clean up after I leave and I can delegate responsibilities as needed. I have many stresses, but overall I feel satisfaction of work that I complete. I have recently moved to a different branch temporarily, to which I feel like I can share the knowledge I have learned from my branch to benefit everyone. All in all I feel important and needed except for I find myself wishing I could be with my son.. My heart hurts to be with him, see him and hold him when im away from him.
Now when I get home I do one of two things, I either pick him up and just hold him why attempting to cook dinner, or let him sleep in his swing while I make dinner. At home I am a wife and a mom, I clean cook and take care of my husband and son, also a full time job. To which I don't feel appreciated, and is there is always something needing to be done. Sleeping is little to none even though I do have an amazing son, every time he moves or makes a noise im up checking on him making sure he is ok. Willie has been so tired lately that he falls into a deep sleep and accidentally hit me in the eye with his elbow so now on top of everything I have to cover my already swollen red eyes with makeup to hide the bruising..not that he meant to or anything it just hurts, he would never intentionally hurt me. When I wake up I feel exhausted, and have to just get up and go..life is very stressfull and tiring right now.
Like I said anyone that works with kids has my sincere appreciation.

Hats off to you!

Sorry all this isn't a very cheerful post, just had to get it off my chest..Im really loving being a mom I love seeing Tyson smile, I can't help but laugh! He brings more joy to my life than I could have ever imagined. I still don't know how I was so blessed! A Family is truly an amazing thing!

Love you all and your special families!

2 comments:

Kanien said...

Holly, I hear you loud and clear babe. It is so hard sometimes. Which branch are you at? email me sometime so we can chat. I miss ya.

Trent and Kimberly Ewing said...

I completely understand! being a working mom is harder than alot understand. it's 2 full time jobs and I feel guilty everyday that I have to spend as much time away from my son as I do, but you do what you need to make it in the long run- Vent anytime! I hear ya!